Tata Consulting Engineers Limited (TCE) is India’s Leading Integrated Engineering Consultant providing Concept to Commissioning services. The company has in-house capability to manage many types of hydro projects such as Run-of-River Projects, Dam Toe, Canal Drop, Pumped Storage, Rehabilitation/RMU etc.
TCE has rich experience in planning, designing, and implementing comprehensive services from concept to commissioning of various facets of hydropower projects involving, Dams, Tunnels, Low / High Pressure Steel Penstocks, and Power Houses and Turbine-generator units & Power evacuation. The company has engineered more than 21 GW of Hydropower worldwide.
TCE also has expertise in strengthening and rehabilitation of old dams including safety reviews & renovation and upgrade of hydropower stations and has in-house expertise in Hydropower, Hydrology & Hydraulics, Geology & Geo-technical, Structural, Procurement, Electro-mechanical, Instrumentation & Controls, Inspection, Testing and Commissioning
Technical Due Diligence
TCE has renovated and upgraded hydropower stations and provides engineering services for hydraulic design, water hammer studies, penstock designs, flood analysis and spillway designs. TCE has carried out strengthening and rehabilitation of some of the oldest dams in India such as Mulshi, Walwhan, Thokerwadi and Shirawata.
TCE has developed an analytical technique for old dams to study the stability and conformance to the safety requirements.
As part of Dam rehabilitation works, TCE provides the following services;
• Hydrological Safety Assessment
• Seismic Safety Guidelines
• Structural Adequacy of Dams
• Operational Safety Gates Automation
• Detailed Engineering & Construction Supervision
• Procurement Assistance & Training related Dam Rehabilitation
• RMU Studies/Tests
• Preparation of DPR related to RMU works.
• Sophisticated transient (water hammer) analyses of the system
• Supervision of erection, testing and commissioning of hydro turbine & generator
• Detail Engineering & Construction drawings
• Vendor Drawing Review
• Procurement assistance and purchase recommendation
The Itezhi Tezhi (ITT) dam is located across Kafue River, about 330 km from Lusaka, the capital of Zambia. The components of ITT hydro project were to be located on the downstream of existing Itezhi Tezhi dam.