New Bangalore International Airport – Bangalore International Airport Limited
Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) is the agency for development, design, financing, construction, operation and management of the proposed new Bangalore International Airport. Private Promoters hold a 74% stake in BIAL whereas Government holds a 26% stake.
TCE Scope of service
- Critical review of the existing works was carried out and modifications suggested wherever required.
- Use of latest softwares resulted in quick and accurate analysis and study of the system.
- Study and review of hydro pneumatic system was a first of its kind for TCE.
- For designing of sewage collection system, an inhouse excel spreadsheet was developed, which facilitated the modification in design with less efforts.
- Anomalies were pointed out in the design of the sewerage system designed by EPC contractor and necessary modifications were suggested.
- Package STP units and newer processes for the treatment of Sewage like Underground STP were suggested to the client for the next phase of works.
- Critical review of the existing systems was carried out and modifications were suggested considering good engineering practices, constraints in present system, reliability, spare capacities available, operation & maintenance aspects etc.
- For the phased expansion of the airport, modern electrical systems employing latest technology trends were recommended viz., space saving/ maintenance-free/ aesthetically superior Gas Insulated Substations, micro processor based protection relays, indoor switchboards, underground XLPE cables to enhance reliability etc. Adequate redundancy provision is built in the design to address contingencies, which is an important aspect while planning airport utilities.